Links to all previous WEF Outreach Episodes can be found at the bottom of this page.
OUTREACH PROJECT AIM:
To provide a high level, collaborative series of pre-recorded online broadcasts every quarter throughout the 2020-21 year to complement our webinars and to help maintain continuity during the COVID-19 hiatus for the community of policymakers, public bodies, industry, investors and NGOs who together are essential to the development, operation and strategic delivery of the UK’s long term Climate, Energy, & Sustainability objectives.
When people cannot physically meet in any number, and with the coming year being especially critical for maintain the ambition to mitigate climate risks and push low carbon transitions, a combination of webinars and pre-recorded films allows us to:
1. Demonstrate the resilience of the sector at this time, and to address emerging concerns raised by regularly exploring key issues and themes in the programmes.
2. Maintain confidence in the sector - and each other - by providing insights into key areas of common interest and showing the sector’s momentum.
3. Show how the sector’s adaptability to the broad range of critical energy, climate and sustainability issues at this critical time is keeping the 2030 and 2050 goals alive.
The KEY THEMES that the WEF programme covers include:
1. UK Energy Security & System
2. Energy Markets & Investment Review
3. Energy & Climate Change Research Update (UKRI)
4. Global Climate Action Update
5. Net Zero Transition Challenges
6. Climate Change Deep Dive – feature
7. UK Energy Industry & Supply Chains
8. Global Sustainability Challenges
9. Negative Emissions Technologies
We cover a range of UK and Global issues that are either:
a) Operational - areas of immediate concern requiring insight or reassurance, or
b) Strategic - the dynamic contexts of delivering climate, energy and sustainability goals