WEF Outreach Film Series
To complement our webinars and to help maintain continuity during the COVID-19 hiatus for the community of policymakers, public bodies, industry, investors and NGOs with whom we work the WEF produced 40 short films on key energy and climate issues that reached over 5000 key stakeholders. The purpose was to:
1. Demonstrate the resilience of the sector at this time, and to address emerging concerns raised by regularly exploring key issues and themes in the programmes.
2. Maintain confidence in the sector - and each other - by providing insights into key areas of common interest and showing the sector’s momentum.
3. Show how the sector’s adaptability to the broad range of critical energy, climate and sustainability issues at this critical time is keeping the 2030 and 2050 goals alive.
The key themes that the programmes covered included:
1. UK Energy Security & System
2. Energy Markets & Investment Review
3. Energy & Climate Change Research Update (UKRI)
4. Global Climate Action Update
5. Net Zero Transition Challenges
6. Climate Change Deep Dive – feature
7. UK Energy Industry & Supply Chains
8. Global Sustainability Challenges
9. Negative Emissions Technologies